The Pure Michigan Business Connect (PMBC) team in collaboration with the Flint & Genesee Economic Alliance PTAC, and The Saginaw Future PTAC would like to work with Federal, State and Local government agencies to provide guidance on how to learn about procurement opportunities and win contracts.
The roundtable/buyer-supplier meetings will follow a one-hour webinar. The roundtable will consist of a “doing business with” presentation from each buyer, to include a brief overview of your procurement process and supplier diversity initiatives. The format can be as formal or informal as you’d like – our team can have PowerPoint presentations or other material you might like displayed pulled up during your speaking time, or you may choose to not have any presentation materials accompany your overview. Each roundtable will be 20-minutes, and we encourage each buyer to leave some time for questions, from up to 15 suppliers. The suppliers will stay put in their zoom room, and the buyers will moved (by MEDC event team) through each room every 20-minutes.
WHO: PMBC, Flint & Genesee Economic Alliance PTAC, Saginaw Future PTAC, purchasing representatives from the State of Michigan, Michigan diverse suppliers, and diversity organizations.
WHAT: A virtual event consisting of an educational webinar followed by buyer-supplier meetings. The event will be hosted by MEDC’s event team on Zoom.
WHEN: Thursday, August 12th, from 9am-12pm,
- 9a-10a: Webinar
- 10a-12p Buyer-Supplier Meetings
- Why it’s important to get certified with the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council, the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, the National Veteran Business Development Council and the Detroit Regional LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- Presentation with local PTAC on how to prepare to do business with local, state and federal governments.
- How to Do Business With (XXX)
- Learn about the procurement process and opportunities from public purchasers.
Who could attend the webinar?
This webinar will be open to any Michigan suppliers interested in attending.
Buyer-Supplier meetings will follow the webinar and may include up to 15 suppliers in each room. The suppliers will stay put in their zoom room, and the buyers will move through each room every 20-minutes.