Business Growth Program (Wayne County-based Businesses)Apply Here
The Business Growth Program (BGP) is a 10-week program offered by the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council to assist Wayne County-based businesses in leveraging their certification through education and business growth strategies.
Through this program, the small business owner will receive hands-on consulting to address key business challenges and determine strategies for business growth. Individuals will go through an educational process to prepare for viable opportunities. Through engagement, individuals will strengthen their business presentation skills, and engage with corporate members.
- Highly Engaging Instruction: 10 – weekly sessions consisting of business development and procurement in a small cohort
- Subject Matter Experts: Dynamic instruction provided by experienced and knowledgeable business and industry practitioners
- 1:1 Business Assistance: Business Consultant to help you craft your success journey
- Access to Opportunity: Introduction to Key Decision Makers (special matchmaker meetings)
- Business Financing: A pathway to apply for business capital following completion of the program
BGP is designed for owners/founders of businesses who meet the following criteria:
- Have been in operation for at least two years
- Generate a minimum of $250,000 in annual revenues
- 2 – 10 employees
- Possess at least one certification: WBE, MBE, or DBE
Interested candidates must apply to the program and may be subject to an interview.
For inquiries contact 734-677-1400
The Business Growth Program, is a 10-week cohort immersion focused on leveraging their certification for a procurement opportunity. Subject matter experts consisting of certified diverse businesses, corporate members, and the Great Lakes WBC team provided training on topics such as the procurement process, identifying your target customer, building relationships, teaming, finance, and so many others. Each BGP partner received coaching and developed a best-in-class toolkit featuring a capability statement and template for presentations. They concluded their cohort by presenting a 3-minute pitch to a panel of judges and received valuable feedback. Each graduate will continue to receive coaching and schedule a 1:1 meeting with their target buyer. The relationships that were established within this cohort of diverse businesses will prove very beneficial beyond this program.