Opportunity Reminder: The 2022 Cummins Women of Color Business Accelerator & Grant Program
Grant Applications are open!
Calling All Female Student Founders of Color! WBENC and Cummins Inc. are excited to team up to provide business grants and educational opportunities to minority female student entrepreneurs and recent graduates.
Statistics show that minority and female business owners often experience greater difficulties in securing access to capital and receiving funding to grow their businesses.
WBENC and Cummins Inc. are working to address this disparity with the WBENC 2022 Collegiate Women of Color Grant Powered by Cummins Inc., a funding initiative to support emerging minority female entrepreneurs with innovative companies focused in the areas of STEM and sustainability.
The program will provide 3 educational sessions on topics designed to launch a business owner into success along with an opportunity to be awarded one of 5 financial grants. Applicants must complete all 3 educational sessions to be considered for the grants.
Register to Attend All 3 Required Education Sessions Through the Links Below
Module #1: Building Your Brand and Owning it
Date: Thursday, Oct 27 from 2-3 pm ET
Module #2: Protecting Your Brand – Understanding Intellectual Property Rights
Date: Friday, November 4 from 1-2 pm ET
Module #3: The Importance of a Business Pitch
Date: Tuesday, November 8 from 12-1 pm ET
Who Should Apply
- Female entrepreneurs of color
- Collegiate level; undergrad, graduate or doctorate; or recent graduate (within the last 6 months)
- Preference will be given to businesses that:
- Are in STEM Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields
- Address a sustainable future
- Have a demonstrated need for funds
Rules and Regulations
The program will be open to women of color/all minority ethnicities.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at least part-time within the last 6 months.
- Preference will be given to applicants in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields.
- Applicants must complete all 3 educational sessions to be considered for the grants.
- The educational sessions are open to all interested business owners, but grants will only be awarded to individuals who complete the grant application by the due date.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
- WBENC and Cummins will review all grant applications and determine awards based on specific scoring criteria and demonstrated need.