Applications are due July 17
About the WEpitch Competition
Applications are now open for the WEpitch competition, a fast-paced business pitch tournament, brought to you by the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council (Great Lakes WBC). Fifteen WBEs will pitch their businesses to a panel of business experts on September 26, 2023, at the Great Lakes WBC Business Conference 2023 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan. The Final Four finalists will be selected from the fifteen to pitch live in the final round at the Awards Luncheon on September 27 and a winner will be selected by the audience!
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a WBENC-certified WBE in good standing and must submit the Online Application (through the link) and a 60-second video emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org same day by the application deadline of Monday, July 17, 2023.
- Applicant must be registered for the Great Lakes WBC Business Conference 2023. Applications will not be reviewed if you are not registered for the conference. No refunds will be granted if you are not selected to participate.
- The person pitching must be a female owner of the company.
How to Enter
- Register for the Great Lakes WBC Business Conference at www.greatlakeswbc.org/Events.
- Complete the WEpitch competition Online Application by July 17, 2023.
- Send a video of you pitching to email@example.com by July 17, 2023. This video will only be viewed among the application judges selecting the fifteen semi-finalists and will not be part of the live competition. You may send a Zoom file, a file from your phone, or a file you know is viewable. Videos should be no longer than 60 seconds. No application will be reviewed without the video.
Competition Guidelines and Rules
- WEitch is a maximum of 2 minutes long in both the Semi-Finalist and Final Four rounds.
- Pitch is strictly the WBE speaking. The Pitch does not permit these: slides, audio-visual support, samples costumes, and props (large or small including wearables). This is firm. Candidates using prohibited supports mentioned are automatically eliminated.
- The pitch must be about your existing business – an existing product, service, or business solution ready for market or currently in the market (not a future idea or endeavor seeking an investor.)
- WBE participants agree that Great Lakes WBC (GREAT LAKES WBC) may record the pitch rounds throughout the tournament. Video, pictures, and recordings of the WEpitch rounds are the property of GREAT LAKES WBC and may be used by GREAT LAKES WBC in any manner, form or medium, including the distribution of links that provide access to archived or stored recordings or captures of the event.
- All audiences of rounds on September 26 and 27, 2023 may include members and the general public.
- GREAT LAKES WBC does not guarantee that any WBE who participates in this opportunity will be awarded a contract or secure new business.
- Applications are reviewed by a closed committee of GREAT LAKES WBC staff and affiliates and 15 semi-finalists are selected. All applicants will be notified of those selected.
- Semi-Finalists are highly encouraged to attend all training sessions to help prepare for the competition. GREAT LAKES WBC has identified Kim Boudreau Smith as the 2023 WEpitZch coach. She will provide a live training webinar on August 23, 2023 for the Semi-Finalists. The Final Four finalists will attend a one-hour live session with Kim on the main stage on the morning of September 27, 2023.
- Semi-Finalists will present live at Suburban Collection Showplace on the afternoon of September 26, 2023, and will be selected by a panel of expert judges.
- The Final Four finalists will present live at Suburban Collection Showplace on the main stage at the Awards Luncheon on September 27, 2023. The conference audience will select the Grand Prize Winner.
- GREAT LAKES WBC is the final authority on rules, guidelines, and decisions impacting the WEpitch competition in situations that warrant that authority.
NOTE: Use the back arrow in your browser to return to your application for completion.
Direct any questions regarding the 2023 WEpitch competition to Sherry Cummins by calling (734) 677-1400 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.