Loan Administration Specialist
Reports to CEED Lending Manager | Full-Time Position
Serves as primary contact with loan applicants and coordinates loan process
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of borrowers and determine the ability to repay.
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings, payment history, etc.
- Compiles and prepares loan applications for submission to loan officer/underwriter.
Interface with Loan Officer/underwriter for any additional documents or information
needed from the customer.
- Examine business financial statements and credit history case by case (applications,
statements, balance sheets, legal documents etc.)
- Complete ratios, trends, and cash flow analysis and create projections for loan review
- Reviews all applications and closing documentation for completion and compliance with
- EDA regulations. Analyzes financial spreadsheets and performs financial analysis associated with application processing including debt service requirements and cash flow coverage.
- Reviews semi-annual financial statements from clients and forwards documents requiring actions to Loan Officer/Finance Officer.
- Answer questions from customers and various professionals regarding all aspects of the loan application.
- Facilitates the coordination of the project documentation flow, assuring that deadlines are met, filings complete and customers satisfied.
- Prepares loan packages for closing by Loan Officer and review loan package documents.
- Schedule loan committee, notify committee members, distribute files for discussion.
- Monitors and implements regulation changes via bulletins from EDA.
- Complete any required loan filings after loan closing (UCC, Mortgage, vehicle title, etc).
- Release any liens per guidelines after loan payoff.
- Reviews semi-annual financial statements from clients and forwards documents requiring action to the Loan Officer.
- Conducts annual client site visits as required.
- Works with CEED Lending Program Manager and program manager to prepare the biannual EDA report.
- Alert loan officer of portfolio makeup irregularities per EDA/CDFI guidelines.
- Travels to various locations to attend training and seminars to remain current on program changes.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Attend and assist with Great Lakes WBC signature events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or related area;
- Have had two (2) years of full-time work experience in financial analysis, business
administration, general accounting, cost accounting or a closely related area or three (3) years of small business/commercial underwriting experience.
- Previous experience working with small business owners, entrepreneurs, community
lending; sensitivity to the challenges of small business owners preferred.
- Must be able to perform virtually as well as in office.
Submit resume to Kelly Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this job posting