Loan Financial Specialist
Reports to CEED Lending Manager
Serves as primary contact with loan applicants and coordinates loan process.
- Evaluates the credit worthiness of borrower and determines the ability to repay. Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings, payment history, etc.
- Compiles and prepares loan applications for submission to loan officer/underwriter. Interface with Loan Officer/underwriter for any additional documents or information needed from the customer.
- Examine business financial statements and credit history case by case (applications, statements, balance sheets, legal documents etc.)
- Complete ratios, trends, and cash flow analysis and create projections for loan review
- Reviews all applications and closing documentation for completion and compliance with EDA regulations. Analyzes financial spreadsheets and performs financial analysis associated with application processing including debt service requirements and cash flow coverage.
- Reviews semi-annual financial statements from clients and forwards documents requiring actions to Loan Officer/Finance Officer.
- Answer questions from customers and various professionals regarding all aspects of the loan application.
- Facilitates the coordination of the project documentation flow, assuring that deadlines are met, filings complete and customers satisfied.
- Prepares loan packages for closing by Loan Officer and review loan package documents.
- Schedule loan committee, notify committee members, distribute files for discussion.
- Monitors and implements regulation changes via bulletins from EDA.
- Complete any required loan filings after loan closing (UCC, Mortgage, vehicle title, etc).
- Release any liens per guidelines after loan payoff.
- Reviews semi-annual financial statements from clients and forwards documents requiring action to the Loan Officer.
- Conducts annual client site visits as required.
- Works with CEED Lending Program Manager and program manager to prepare the biannual EDA report.
- Alert loan officer of portfolio makeup irregularities per EDA/CDFI guidelines.
- Travels to various locations to attend training and seminars to remain current on program changes.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Attend and assist with Great Lakes WBC signature events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or related area; and
- Have had two (2) years of full-time work experience in financial analysis, business administration, general accounting, cost accounting or a closely related area or three (3) years of small business/commercial underwriting experience.
- Previous experience working with small business owners, entrepreneurs, community lending; sensitivity to the challenges of small business owners preferred.
- Must be able to perform virtually as well as in the office.
Submit resume to Kelly Hill at email@example.com. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this job posting