Plus SAVE THE DATE for 2023 WBENCPitch Academy Sessions Friday, June 16 and Thursday, August 10
WBENC is excited to share that we will again be partnering with our 14 Regional Partner Organizations to deliver the national 2023 WBENCPitch Momentum Competition, brought to you by PepsiCo. The competition will be open to ALL WBENC-Certified WBEs.
Thanks to the support from PepsiCo, the 2nd place winner will be awarded $20K, and the grand prize winner will walk away with $50K!
The WBENCPitch Competition applications are not yet open,
and the First Round of Competitions will be hosted by your Regional Partner Organization (RPO).
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW
- Start thinking about your business story so that you can be ready to apply once applications are announced by your RPO
- Stay tuned via communications from WBENC and your RPO on competition timing
- SAVE THE DATES for the June 16 and August 10 WBENCPitch Academy sessions this summer (more on the WBENCPitch Academy Sessions below!)
- Make sure you are subscribed to the WBENC newsletter and your RPO communications!
We cannot stress this enough (and our WBENCPitch WBEs can attest to this), the prize money is just 1 of the MANY benefits of participating in WBENCPitch.The experience, the relationships, the judge’s feedback, the visibility and the exposure for your business are TRULY PRICELESS.
ABOUT THE WBENCPITCH PROGRAM
WBENCPitch is a signature WBENC program featuring a series of pitch competitions and educational sessions to help WBEs hone their business pitch, gain meaningful exposure, and compete for grants and other prizes to invest in their business.
Questions? Email Pitch@wbenc.orgd
ABOUT THE 2023 WBENCPITCH MOMENTUM COMPETITION
The 2023 WBENCPitch Momentum Competition will include 3 separate rounds of pitching, beginning this summer and culminating in November 2023. The required pitch criteria will build as you advance throughout the competition.
- FIRST ROUND | SPARK: 60-second pitch, open to all WBENC-Certified WBEs, held locally by the 14 RPOs on various dates, beginning this summer.
Focus on capturing the audience’s attention and SPARK their interest in your business in an entertaining and informative way.
- SEMI-FINALS | STRENGTH: 2-minute pitch, featuring 60-65 WBEs from around the country, hosted by WBENC and live-streamed in a virtual format on November 1-2, 2023.
Continue to spark the audience’s attention, but you’ll also add STRENGTH to your pitch through storytelling and effective communication styles.
- FINAL ROUND | MOMENTUM: 3-minute pitch, the top 15 WBE Finalists will present in front of a live audience at the WBENC invitation-only November event in Philadelphia, PA, from November 27-29, 2023.
Continue to spark the audience’s attention, deliver a strong message, and communicate how the prize money will generate MOMENTUM in your business.
Again, if you are interested in competing in WBENCPitch, make sure you are receiving your RPOs communications and stay tuned for the latest competition updates from WBENC. View all of the Regional Partner Organizations and links to their websites here.
We cannot wait to continue to build MOMENTUM with you through WBENCPitch!
SAVE THE DATES! 2023 WBENCPitch Academy Sessions:
June 16 and August 10
Brought to you by The ODP Corporation, we are pleased to also announce that the WBENCPitch Academy, a series of educational and interactive pitch training sessions, will be returning this summer.
2023 WBENCPitch Academy,
brought to you by The ODP Corporation
Friday, June 16 and Thursday, August 10!
More to come soon on the WBENCPitch Academy sessions this summer, so stay tuned.
All WBENC-Certified WBEs (another benefit of being WBENC-Certified!) will be able to take advantage of exclusive education and training sessions to help you learn the art of storytelling and hone your message with interactive exercises to create a winning pitch.
And for the first time ever, all WBENCPitch Semi-Finalists will be invited to attend a special edition of the WBENCPitch Academy in October for a highly customized pitch coaching session in preparation for the second round of the competition.
We highly recommend the WBENCPitch Academy sessions to all WBEs no matter your industry, revenue, years in business, etc. Pitching your business happens all the time and you need to be ready with a strong pitch and your story for when the opportunity strikes!