September 29, 2022 – 2 PM – 4 PM
The US Department of Transportation (USDOT), in partnership with the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the Surety and Fidelity Association of America (SFAA)
The Bonding and Education Program is tailored to businesses competing for transportation-related contracts, which include engineering, vertical and horizontal construction, trucking, landscaping and more.
Many small businesses face difficulty in accessing bonding and financing to grow their business. This is a hands-on, multi-component program designed to address what businesses need to do to become bond-ready, obtain capital and eliminate barriers to contract opportunities.
Cohort participants will:
- Learn how to obtain/increase bonding capacity
- Learn how to gain access to capital
- Have one-to-one sessions with local surety bonding professionals and lending institution representatives
- Hear from local, state and federal agencies about contract opportunities
- Learn about marketing and how to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- Receive one-to-one business development consulting services
- Learn about targeted business certifications and associations
- Network with prime contractors, agency representatives and each other
Register to learn about the eligibility requirements and hear from past graduates about the value of this program.