The Great Lakes Women’s Business Council represents more than 1,000 certified women business owners in Michigan and Indiana. Along with women’s business certification, Great Lakes WBC offers events and services to leverage business growth.
WBE Forums offer women business enterprises with opportunities to build relationships and increase capacity. Each quarterly session is held at various locations within Michigan and Indiana. WBE Forums include a corporate presentation by one of our corporate members and an opportunity to network with other WBEs.
New WBE Orientation
A one-on-one orientation is offered to all new WBEs. This is an opportunity to get introduced to the WBE Services Co-ordinator and the events and resources available to WBEs. Use this opportunity to get your questions answered.
WBE Forums offer women business enterprises with opportunities to build relationships and increase capacity. Each quarterly session is held at various locations within Michigan and Indiana. WBE Forums include a corporate presentation by one of our corporate members.
The Great Lakes Women’s Business Council is committed to helping WBEs leverage their certification & growing the WBENC community. WBE Forums provide opportunities to connect in smaller groups to build relationships, learn best practices from Corporate Members as well as provide WBE Toolkit Training for newly certified.
WBE Forums provided in 4 regions:
- Southeast Michigan
- West Michigan
- Northern Indiana
- Central Indiana
Here are the upcoming WBE Forums.
Indiana WBE ForumNavigating Business with the Government
Tuesday August 28, 2018
8:000 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. EST
Riverside Park - Lillian Davis Conference Room 2420
East Riverside Drive Indianapolis, IN 46208
WBE FORUMAfter the WBENC Conference Turning Contacts into Contracts
October 1, 2018
DTE Energy HQ
One Energy Plaza | Detroit, MI 48226
8:00 am – Noon
WBE Toolkit Webinars offer training to get the most out of your WBE certification. Certification is only the first step in positioning your business for growth opportunities. This webinar is a must to ensure you are allowing your certification status to work to its full potential.
This 1-hour training session will take you through:
The history and evolution of women's business enterprise certification
Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the supplier diversity professionals
Step-by-step directions for creating your Certification Marketing Plan
Maximizing your certification Webinars
Getting certified is step one.
- Learn how to create a strategy to obtain and cultivate corporate relationships.
- Learn best practices from an experienced certified woman business enterprise.
- Learn the corporate view and value of certification from a Supplier Diversity Leader.
New WBE Orientation
Great Lakes Women's Business Conference
Our annual Great Lakes Women’s Business Conference addresses the needs of both aspiring and established business owners while delivering strategies for succeeding in a highly competitive market. The conference is attended by 1000+ women business enterprises (WBE’s), corporate procurement and supplier diversity professionals, government representatives and partner organizations.
Marketing opportunities for 125+ women business entrepreneurs are available in the Women’s Business Showcase. More than 50 corporate members participate in the Meet the Buyers portion of the conference.
- Opportunities to meet and develop relationships with supplier diversity and purchasing representatives from corporations, public institutions and government entities.
- Build relationships with women business owners and conference attendees.
- Attend valuable workshops that will assist in strengthening and growing your business.
- Experience the impressive network of corporations and organizations that partner with the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council.
- Create relationships with potential customers.
Who Should Attend?
- Women business owners
- Supplier diversity and purchasing representatives of corporations, public institutions and government entities.
- Supporters and partners of the Great Lakes Women’s Business Council
- Women who are interested in starting or growing their business