• Did you know


    $ 11.6 billion in annual revenue and 46,000 us workers are employed by Great Lakes WBC certified women business enterprises.
  • Did you know


    Great Lakes Women’s Business Center has trained over 15,000 small business owners and entrepreneurs.
  • Did you know


    CEED Lending has made $6 million in small business loans creating 1,800 jobs.
  • Did you know


    Women make 80% of the consumer decisions and influence the other 20%.
  • Did you know


    1 in 11 adult American women is an entrepreneur.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 1

Media

Founded in 1984, Great Lakes Women’s Business Council (Great Lakes WBC), is a nonprofit champion for women, minority and small business owners. We provide access to capital and corporate procurement opportunities, certification for women-owned business enterprises and small business educational support.

Great Lakes WBC represents more than 1,000 WBENC-certified women’s business enterprises generating approximately $11.6 billion in annual revenue and employing 41,500 U.S. workers, as well as 90+ corporate partners in a diverse range of industry sectors.

We have provided $5.5 Million in loans to small business owners which created 1,800 jobs. Through the Michigan Women’s Marketplace – www.miwomen.com, and various conference and educational events we have trained and connected thousands of women business owners.

Great Lakes Women’s Business Council was formerly known as Center for Empowerment and Economic Development (CEED). Our women’s certification program was known as Women’s Business Enterprise Council – Great Lakes.

For more information or to arrange an interview with our Executive Director, Board of Directors or members, contact Robin Kinnie, Communications Manager at 734-838-3862 or Download our Media Press Kit (hyperlink to Press kit page)

Newsletter Signup